what was i thinking?

failure is better than never trying

Name:
Location: murray, Kentucky, United States

if you want to know more about me just ask. don't worry, i won't bite

Monday, January 29, 2007

weekend adventures

i just spent the weekend up in Effingham, IL. we got there sort of early ( at least for us ) on friday so Brad and I decided to up to blockbuster and rent a nintendo wii game. we got there and after a little debating we got what we wanted and proceded to checkout. normal this would be a really quick step but not for me. as the guy was getting the game, i looked and saw the price for renting a game...$8.00! granted this is for 5 days but i didn't want it for 5 days, just the weekend. so i was asking the guy if they had a way to rent a game for 1-2 days and he said no. so in talking and telling him this was the dumbest thing ever, he said i could sign up for a blockbuster online account and get a free rental. the signup was free and if i cancel within 2 weeks i don't owe anything. so i decided to go for it. after about 10 minutes of filling out this stupid online form TWICE i was finally able to go rent the game....yeah right. i got up there and he asked me for my card. that would have been fine except i don't have a card. i usually just say who i am, show a drivers license if they ask and i am on my way. well, since i had never rented at that store under my name i had to use somebody that had. brad didn't have a card either so that was out of the question. i would have called my in-laws to see if we could use there but neither of us could remember the phone number. brad didn't have his cell phone with him and ours was longdistance ( and i didn't have ours with me either ). so finally i found a phone number in my wallet ( not the right one i later learned ) and then they asked for a street address. needless to say we didn't know that either. at this point it was looking pretty bleak. after a few more minutes of guessing they guy just let us go ahead and rent the game. rock on! after that the rest of the weekend was relaxing. here is a song i heard in church...i really like the lyrics:

The more I seek You
The more I find You
The more I find You
The more I love You

I wanna sit at Your feet
Drink from the cup in Your hand
Lay back against You and breathe
Feel Your heartbeat

This love is so deep
it's more than I can stand
I melt in Your peace
It's overwhelming.

later i will try to post the lyrics to a country song i really like

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home