what was i thinking?

failure is better than never trying

Name:
Location: murray, Kentucky, United States

if you want to know more about me just ask. don't worry, i won't bite

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

not blogging when angry

so yesterday was a pretty rough day at work for me. it started out good, turned really crappy and ended on a good note. here is a recap of my day.

I woke up early so i could get to work by 6:45am. We ( Kay, Justin, Ben and myself ) were leaving for Austin Peay and some surrounding colleges to put flyers on cars. In the 1 and a half hours that it took to get there, we had to stop twice for bathroom breaks. We got to the campus around 8:30am and i realized that there weren't a lot of cars there yet. So we went to another one of the schools on our list, put about 35 flyers on cars and went for another bathroom break. So we then left for Austin Peay and put a ton of flyers on cars. While going to a parking lot we got a call from Emily and she said that Jim D ( our crappy vice president ) wanted to talk to me. So i get on the phone and he starts to chew me out for something that i was going to finish by the end of the day. Apparently he didn't like me "mouthing" off to him and he hung up. So i called the office and talked to Scott ( computer guy ) and told him what was going on. Well things were fine for the rest of the day until about 15min away from Murray. Emily called sometime before LBL and just talked to Kay. Well, apparently Kay decided to wait until about 15min out to tell me that i can't go on the rest of the trips this week. WHAT THE CRAP??? So by the time i got back to SEB i am furrious and just wanting to quit. I go in, talk to Scott and Earl ( my boss ) comes in asking what is wrong. I gave him a quick version and he decided to go get Jim D and figure out what is wrong. Well Jim D comes in and starts talking, not letting me get a word in while Earl and Scott listen. Finally Earl speaks up and backs me up! I was so glad that i was in the right and that i had the support of a supervisor. You don't know how glad i was that he actually stood up for me. So the day ended on a good note but it was still an exahusting day. well, this is long enough. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home