what was i thinking?

failure is better than never trying

Name:
Location: murray, Kentucky, United States

if you want to know more about me just ask. don't worry, i won't bite

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

DAMN!

so it is kind of a joke around the house that my dad and step-mom ( stacy ) always seem to cancel their plans at the last minute. one time they were supposed to come down to murray ( they lived in new york at the time ) and never showed up. so i called up there and my step-brother ( ken ) answered and said they were in california watching a bike race. thanks for letting us know! well, my stacy has never seen luke ( my son ) and we were hoping that she would be able to this thanksgiving. well as fate would have it, my dad twisted his knee really bad this morning walking the dog and can't walk. apparently he is in a lot of pain and pretty sad that he can't make it to thanksgiving now. so they bailed on us again. i am not so much mad this time as i am sad. i don't get to see my dad that much ( maybe a 2-4 times a year ) and i miss him. ok, i better go, i am starting to get all teary eyed. i hope everyone has a good thanksgiving.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously? Man, I'm sorry you're sad. It's rough when our parents disappoint us. I know I always think even as an adult now they should take care of me - but that's not always (maybe even rarely) the case.

November 22, 2006 1:45 PM  
Blogger bt said...

seriously. i am starting to realize that my dad isn't going to be around forever. i want to know him. i want to learn from him. i just don't want to be at the end and realize that i missed so much.

November 22, 2006 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home