what was i thinking?

failure is better than never trying

Name:
Location: murray, Kentucky, United States

if you want to know more about me just ask. don't worry, i won't bite

Monday, November 27, 2006

Back at home

i hope everyone had a fun and safe thanksgiving. here is a quick recap of my time away from work:

Wednesday: i left work around 3:30 and finished up some laundry and dishes before i headed off to Effingham , IL. I got to listen to all the music i wanted to as loud as i wanted ( i was a little ticked that i forgot my country mix cd ). but the drive was good. I got in around 8ish, hungout for a little and then crashed for the night

Thursday: Jac, Luke and I ate lunch at her parents house and then headed down to Evansville to see my dad's side of the family ( minus my dad and step mom ). I really wish i got to see them more than once a year. They are so interesting. My grandma ( she is 85 ) sat down at the piano and ( without any music in front of her ) started playing. she had everyone stunned. i have always known that my grandma tompkins is an amazing woman but playing the piano and remembering all those songs just added to her amazingness. she told us stories and showed pictures of when her kids were kids and i got to see my grandpa ( i never met him ) some too. it was one of those nights that just stays with you. it was one of those times where i actually felt like i belonged to something great and wonderful. i will try to post the video of my grandma playing piano. almost brings tears to my eyes.

Friday: We ate breakfest at Denny's ( one of my favorite restraunts ) and then headed back to Murray. oh and for those of you keeping track, i was in 3 different cities and 3 different states in 3 days. Friday afternoon Jac, Luke and I just hungout and relaxed. we rented season 2 of The Office...i am in love with this show.

Saturday-Sunday: we worked on the siding and thankfully got a lot done. We finished season 2 and now i am trying to find the episodes for season 3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home