what was i thinking?

failure is better than never trying

Name:
Location: murray, Kentucky, United States

if you want to know more about me just ask. don't worry, i won't bite

Thursday, February 09, 2006

no title today

here is a link to listen to 5 teddy geiger songs: http://www.clearchannelmusic.com/cc-common/new/artist_spot.html?&artist_id=43

i don't know why i am writing this but i am. parents got divorced when i was in the 6th grade. at first i thought my dad was going to move back in but that was only wishful thinking. i was an only child until both parents decided to remarry within one year. i quickly gained 3 step-brothers, 2 step-sisters and a half brother ( he is my favorite ). so my dad and step-mom moved away to texas and i lived with my mom. i grew to really not like my dad. i was really mad and hurt that he choose this new woman over me. he was choosing to not see me, to miss out on some of the most important years of my life, choosing to not teach me to be a man. my step-dad on the other hand was there. the only problem is that he is a jerk. he is verbally abusive and has actually pushed me a couple of times. i didn't want him around. at that time i would have not shed a tear if he would have died. the years have passed. i am friendly to my dad but he acts more like a friend than a dad. i can't remember the last time he said i love you to me. things are slightly better with my step-dad. we just don't talk much. most the time he isn't home but when he is we just sort of ignore each other. we will say hi but that is about it. it's funny because i have two dads yet neither was there for me.

now...do i post or delete?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Apparently you posted ...

It's OK to have random thoughts about how you got to be where you are. I have them all of the time. :) Seriously, though, how you handled your childhood and what you do with it now are important things to think about. Especially as you're getting ready to be a dad yourself. Oh, now I know that's a lot to think about!

Also, you can listen to Teddy Geiger's songs at his Web site, as I have been doing this afternoon.

February 09, 2006 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home