what was i thinking?

failure is better than never trying

Name:
Location: murray, Kentucky, United States

if you want to know more about me just ask. don't worry, i won't bite

Monday, December 19, 2005

i don't agree pastor

this weekend my wife and i went up to effingham to have christmas with her family. it was a good time and i had lots of fun. on sunday we went to church. the church that we go to up there just had a major addition built on ( put them $1 million in debt ) so it is nice and big and dark. there are more lights than any church could really need. they are trying to be a MEGA church but it is in effingham. EFFINGHAM IS A SMALL TOWN!!! anyways...the message this week ( and aparently ) and the past few weeks was about end times. the whole "teaching" was interpurting what Daniel dreamed. now i don't know the exact location but it does say in the new testament that nobody, not even Jesus, knows when the end will be. so in reallity we were tyring to figure out when the raputre and end of the world will be based on an interpurtation of a man's dreams that didn't know when it would be ( i hope that makes sense ). as you can probably tell i don't agree with this. if you really want you can read anything into the prophecies. if one says there will be evil then right now we look to iraq. but what about germany in WWII? what about rome? even for us the british were a main enemy. now i am not saying that the end times are not upon us but if they are i can't do anything about it anyways. besides i would rather God come back and take me away than dying before that happens. but i am not saying they are upon us either. the current generation always thinks they are the best. that everything will happen with them. they are the know all and end all of everything. then the next generation comes around and does the same thing. what do you think? please leave a comment after the beep.....*BEEP*

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I dreamed about a volcano last night. I wonder what that means? :)

Seriously, I have a hard time thinking about the whole end times subject. I just have a hard time grasping it in general. I guess that keeps me from worrying about it, which is probably a good thing. I'm not trying to be shallow, I'm just saying it's not one of the philosophical debates I'm interested in entering. Jesus said he's coming back. So that's what is important to me.

Vague comment, I know.

December 20, 2005 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home