what was i thinking?

failure is better than never trying

Name:
Location: murray, Kentucky, United States

if you want to know more about me just ask. don't worry, i won't bite

Monday, December 12, 2005

a little quote

"You will find that it is all very familiar...the strange and faraway places where you've nver been. The wild unknown leads you to a place just around the corner. Take a picture when you get there...the road is you." - The Road by J. Bebe - R. Hammond

"turn on ignition. begin your journey and do not skip ahead." - from the elizabeth town movie

so many times i turn the ignition and try to get there as fast as possible. i skip ahead and only worry about my destination. the ironic thing is that once i get somewhere i am already thinking about the next destination. sometimes it is the journey there that really matters.
one of these days i am going to drive and just go. i might go by myself, i might invite others. all i know is that i need to turn that key. after that my only rule is don't skip ahead.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I agree. There's a county song ... I'm in a hurray to get things done. I rush and rush 'til life's no fun ... Yeah, I know you don't like country, but it's the same point. There's no sense in rushing around, getting there is the best part of life.

December 13, 2005 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home